Time to launch the annual MySensors Contest!
This year the contest will run for two months and winners will be announced in three different categories.
- Best MySensors library based project where the evaluation criteria will be creativity, innovation, craftsmanship and how well the project has been documented. The Project must be submitted on OpenHardware.io and include source code, Fritzing electronics schema, bill of material, build instructions and images. Tag project with "Contest2016" and "MySensors".
- Best MySensors open hardware project where the participant has designed an open hardware PCB that can be used in a MySensors environment. The Project must be submitted on OpenHardware.io and include electronics schema and design files (Eagle, KICad or similar), bill of material, build instructions, source code (if applicable) and images. Tag project with "Contest2016" and "MySensors".
- Best MySensors project contribution in the form of a code commit, new controller plugin or other contribution not covered by the above prizes.
We hope that you will take advantage of this opportunity to show off your latest project and help the MySensors community to develop! No project is too small. By sharing projects and ideas, we'll hopefully learn new things from each other.
- The Honor accompanied with a Winner Badge next to the username when posting on the forum.
- A Nextion Touch Screen and a Sonoff wireless smart switch from ITead
- A Genuino Uno R3 and a Raspberry Pi Zero(*) from m.nu
(*) If the Raspberry Pie Zero hasn't been released and stocked on m.nu at the time the winners is announced. The winner can choose some other product with a similar value.
- Post your project on OpenHardware.io. Tag it with "Contest2016" and "MySensors". A forum thread will automatically be created for your project on the MySensors Forum.
- The best MySensors contribution will be evaluated from the code commits and controller plugins released/pushed during the contest period. We can keep track of pull requests to the MySensors project, but if you've developed a controller plugin or some other MySensors related project contribution, please notify us about it on the MySensors forum.
- Project must be "real". No fantasy- or concept project is accepted.
- You must provide pictures and source code when documenting your project. Demonstrations using YouTube/Vimeo clips is also appreciated.
- You are allowed to make changes in the project (update text and/or add source code) during the whole contest duration. So you could basically document the progress of your project while you are working on it. Ask questions if you meet a dead end or need help!
- Projects for consideration will be accepted through 25th of Mars 12:00 CET. No changes are allowed after this date. We will announce the winners about a week later.
- You are allowed to have several projects in the contest.
- The evaluation panel consists of the MySensors core team. Our decision can't be overruled. We have the right to add or change rules during competition if necessary.