The Mozilla WebThings Gateway is an open source smart home controller that focuses on easy of use and which is built around the proposed WebThings standard. It's an official Mozilla project being built by a team in Silicon Valley.
It's main development platform is the Raspberry Pi, but also works on other platforms like MacOS. The software should also run on (beefy) OpenWRT routers.
To enable MySensors support you will have to add the MySensors add-on, which can be installed with a few mouse clicks.
- Simple, easy to use interface. There is a strong focus on usability, and everything can be done via the web interface. Your mother can use this.
- A drag-and-drop rule system.
- Focus on privacy - data stays on your system.
- Visualize your data in graph form. Data can be saved for up to a week.
- Supports voice control, and supports local instances for improved privacy.
- A well-designed plugin system which supports multiple programming languages.
- An open source project by a respected organization.
- Hardware Support: Zigbee, Z-wave, bluetooth, network devices, etc.